William D. Brucker – Chief of the Center Township Fire Department
William D. Brucker has been a lifelong resident of Center Township. He joined the Center Township Fire Department in July, 1990 at age 18. William joined the Department at age 18 because he wanted to be a part of a community organization “that did something to give back to individuals that were in need”. Since joining the department, He has held the ranks of Lieutenant, Captain, Assistant Chief and Chief.
For 24 consecutive years now, William holds rank as Chief Officer. In addition, he holds the position as Center Township Fire Marshal for five years, and is a full-time Emergency Response team lead for Shell Polymers Monaca since 2019.
Some responsibilities as Fire Chief include: Commanding fire ground activities, organizing training for members, and ensuring all fire equipment is in service to respond to emergencies.
Duties as Fire Marshal include: Annual life safety inspections of new and current businesses, ensuring life safety education is performed annually for our schools K-5th grade and for senior citizens, and investigations of any fires that occur in the township.
“My Favorite part of my jobs are being out in the public and meeting new people and knowing that I could have a life saving role in someone’s life. The most challenging part of my jobs are trying to keep up with all the changes that continue to happen with Fire Fighting Standards and Fire Codes, along with knowing that at any time, an Emergency may happen that could permanently affect me for the rest of my life.”
In William’s spare time, he enjoys spending quality time with his fiancé, their seven children and puppy. We thank you, Fire Chief Brucker, and all first responders: firefighters, police officers, EMT, military personnel – in Law Enforcement for your daily service and keeping our communities safe.
- Recently, the Center Township Fire Department started a program to give back to the community where they have given to families in need during the holidays, and hot meals to our senior center and other individuals in need
- The Center Township firefighters respond to over 350 fire calls and over 800 EMS calls annually
- To become a certified firefighter in PA, it takes over 300 hours of dedicated training
- For the past 5 years, Center Township Fire Department has partnered with Shell Polymers to give away over 2,500 smoke and CO detectors during the holiday season to ensure the safety of the communities
- We are comprised of 3 fire stations with a total of over 60 men and woman volunteers
Are you interested in a “Unique Individual – Portrait on Location” session?
Emmanuel is excited to announce the launch of “Unique Individuals – Portraits on Location.” This isn’t your typical headshot, but with Emmanuel’s dramatic photography style, it will powerfully highlight your passion.
As Emmanuel is exploring a new type of portrait photography, he wants to share with you the unique stories behind them. We created a series called “Unique Individuals – The Heart of America”, where we will showcase the portraits Emmanuel has taken. This will include a short biography with fun/interesting facts about each person. The portraits will highlight the person’s passion, line of work, lifestyle, etc. Like many places, America is filled with hardworking, kind-hearted and passionate people, and we would love to tell you their stories through Emmanuel’s lens.